Tribal Tattoo Forum Forum Index Tribal Tattoo Forum
Polynesian and other tribal tattoo

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Album

music.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribal Tattoo Forum Forum Index -> Anything but tattoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: music..... Reply with quote

ok, i am looking for some new music, so what are you all listening to?

i know there are people from all over on the forum.....so help a brother out, and share! what can you not stop listening to right now.
Phil
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite music is usually instrumental/relaxation. I specially appreciate Celtic and Irish style. Right now I am listening to an album by Philippe N. Bess & Karin Nobbs, called "Echarpes de Brume". Very cool!
I heard it at the gym and the coach lent it me.

When I am driving I enjoy local (Polynesian) music on the radio.

In another style, I also like the French Canadian Robert Charlebois. For french speakers, he has very funny, smart and romantic words.
I also listen to Phil Collins from time to time. And was a fan of Genesis back in the 70's and 80's!

Recently I went to PeacePilgrim.org and I downloaded a few inspiring musics that talk about peace.
I believe it really makes a difference in our lives when we listen to inspiring uplifting music. Don't you think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Personal Gallery of Phil
mikel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that, most of what i listen too is really mellow....and often instrumental. but i am all over the place. i was a music nut growing up, and worked for a record label and in night clubs through the 90's. so i can fully understand and appreciate an eclectic range of music.

dub, and ambient music are probably the top of my list, but the list is long.

i fully agree, i would rather take in positive things than negative.
Jade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally also prefer milder kind of music so to speak. I like a variety of styles and among them, I appreciate a good Faith Hill/ Tim McGraw production. If you don't mind country music, i recommend them!
I also love listenning to Mana, they are a mexican band and are popular all over Latin America. I like their style very much having lived in Latin America as much as I have Tahiti! 13 years that is!
Someone was asking me about french music the other day, and i was just blank. It's a bit embarrassing as i know NOTHING!! I should start downloading stuff.... so i'm not so "french-music-illiterate"! Problem is, i wouldn't even know where to start...
Danny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend Radiohead, they just took out a new album Rainbows really good!!
mikel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radiohead's new album is great, and i really love what they did with payment. pay what you can.....brilliant.

bought a great cd last night, a guy named ulrich schnauss.

reminds me a lot of bands like slowdive, cocteau twins....or lush. shoe-gazer....

might want to look into that if you like radiohead, it might be to your liking.

thanks all for the posts so far....please anyone have any suggestions, share them with the rest of us!
MantaRay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been listening to my cousin's recent debut CD which finally made it to fruition after many years of hard work...His name is Mondokane and the CD is titled Kihei Road...Last year on Maui I got a chance to see him work on his CD in the recording studio...It was very interesting to see how much effort it takes to get a song "just right"...

I also enjoy the Los Lonely Boys...Seen them live three times in Louisville...Incredible musicians...Bobby Caldwell...Lisa Stansfield...Simply Red...The Rippingtons...Teena Marie...Big Mountain and of course Bob Marley...Speaking of reggae...In Hawaii we have something called "Jawaiian" which is a blending of Reggae and Hawaiian Contemporary Music...Good Stuff...

My cousin has some other Polynesian musical artists on his MySpace Page that are worth a look-see...Keali'i Reichel...Fiji...Marty Dread...and Uncle Willie K...

Mondokane MySpace
Phil
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny and Mikel, I thought I could trust you and I downloaded Radiohead new album -Rainbow... it it plain depressing! Oh my! How can you listen to that kind of stuff and stay alive! Laughing

Samanta, a good way to start with French music is Francis Cabrel. He is the best! Oh well, he might be the only one too!... So start there and stay there! There are plenty of links on Google.

Thanks to MantaRay, I discovered this Hawaiian singer called Sashamon on hartandhuntingtonhawaii.com . His song Necta is perfect. Really nice spirit. I pasted the lyrics below.

He looks like such a cool guy too!

Sashamon - Necta (Butterfly) Lyrics

I met a girl today
I couldn’t believe it
Birds they flew around her
A butterfly on her shoulder

I saw her walking down the street
Was like a dream
I gave her a flower
But she didn’t need it

Cause she’s so sweet
Birds they flew around her
She’s so necta
A butterfly on her shoulder

I Say I wanna talk to you and get to know you
She say she’s got to go to a party maybe I’ll see you there
I Wanna be her man and I think I can
So I can hold her hand and be close to her

Like wings of the butterfly my hearts a flutter
I Wish she was mine but I’m such a boy

Wanna take her to my room
Fill it with her sweet perfume
Leave a note for her when I go

Wanna be her man
I think I can
So I can hold her hand
And be close to her

She’s so sweet….

Wish I was like the butterfly
Close to her
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Personal Gallery of Phil
mikel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh....well, radiohead is not for everyone.

maybe give ulrich schnauss a try, he is someone i just discovered....google him, and have a listen for free, before you buy.

or a good roots reggae group from s.f. called groundation. they are great, and really positive lyrics.

the beauty of music is that there is something for everyone, and no 2 people hear the same thing in the music.
MantaRay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Phil...I was feelin' the Sashamon Necta song too...In fact, every time I visit the Hart & Huntington Hawaii website I just wanna head straight for the beach and have a nice cold one... Cool
michalS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoing good relaxation music too. Llewellyn is my favorite, his sets are awsome. I also recommand Dan Gibson's. Check this guys Smile
Phil
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michal wrote:
I enjoing good relaxation music too. Llewellyn is my favorite, his sets are awsome. I also recommand Dan Gibson's. Check this guys Smile

Thanks Michal! Any good links for these artists?

PS A little introduction message would be super appreciated Wink
(See Introduction section)
michalS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Phil...
Check introduction section Very Happy You gave me some advices couple days ago Laughing Straight to Poland! Inpatience guy, don't you remember Question
Google those artists, unfortunetly I don't have any links... No problem to download Laughing
MantaRay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Baby It's Cold Outside Reply with quote

Here's a little something something for those of us who are feeling the effects of the December storms on the U.S. Mainland...

Vanessa Williams with Bobby Caldwell
Phil
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Michal, I got confused because you have 2 usernames (michalS and michal).
I'm gonna try to solve this problem.

Thanks MantaRay for the link. I will watch this clip in a few minutes.

Here is a site I just discovered which present good artists that are not distributed by the main stream show biz: http://www.musiciansatlas.com/pages/IMAFinalist/
They are sorted by categories and voted for an annual award. Here is the finalists for this year.
They allow you to download the songs. I downloaded some good musics in these categories: christian, new age, world fusion and world traditional.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribal Tattoo Forum Forum Index -> Anything but tattoo All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: