Tribal Tattoo Forum Forum Index Tribal Tattoo Forum
Polynesian and other tribal tattoo

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Album

Tribal tattoo advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribal Tattoo Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H1westbound

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Tribal tattoo advice Reply with quote

Alright so for my first tattoo I have really been wanting something that keeps me connected to Hawaii since I have grown up here since I was 8. The catch is that im Haole. And now that I'm going off to college to I want to get a tattoo to show my love and respect for Hawaii and the culture. The tattoo I was really considering getting a tribal hammerhead shark. The reason for this is because I am a expert level swimmer (I hate to be arrogant) I surf almost every day, I spearfish when I can, basically I live in the ocean. With out it I wouldn't be who I am. And the shark is a symbol of strength and power which I need for the new chapter in my life. The only reason for getting a tattoo in Hawaii is because to me Hawaii has changed me and formed me into who I am today. I wouldn't be the same person I am if I didn't live in Hawaii. And I can definitely see myself moving back later on in life. I would like some feed back on if I should get it or not. I mean not everyone is going to know my story if the see the tattoo on my back they are only going to see a Haole with a tribal shark and think WTF. Thanks for your help.

I'm not looking for designs or parlors I'm just looking for feed back on if I Should or not.
Phil
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no problem for a non-Polynesian to get a Polynesian tattoo. Much have been written about that on this forum and elsewhere. Here is some of the most enlightening thoughts on the subjet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Personal Gallery of Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribal Tattoo Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: