Tribal Tattoo Forum Forum Index Tribal Tattoo Forum
Polynesian and other tribal tattoo

AlbumAlbum  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Album

Hafa Adai from California

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribal Tattoo Forum Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deep_rooted1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Hafa Adai from California Reply with quote

Hafa Adai! My name's Dominic and I'm in San Diego. I'm 25 years old and work in the graphic design/graphic arts industry. I have one tattoo that I designed myself, and got it when I was 16. It's a latte stone that incorporates my family and the great seal of Guam. I really want to start getting into the tattoo design and practice, and I love all forms of tribal/ethnic tattoos. I recently decided that I wanted to start a clothing line and incoroporate tribal designs from polynesia, melanesia, and micronesia but had nowhere to turn for answers for what each symbol represents. The Tahiti Tatou dictionary is an invaluable source of knowledge for exactly what I need to know to continue with my vision.
Phil
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Dominic Very Happy
I had to google "latte stone" because I had no clue what it was!!
I will share this "discovery" on the "Anything but tattoo" section.
See "Mysterious latte stones".
I'm glad you found my dictionary useful.
I update it regularly so stay tune!
Right now I am working on a universal pictograph language that will allow people to write sentences with those "tribal" glyphs.
Please feel free to ask questions and participate to threads.
See you there. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Personal Gallery of Phil
Liane
co-admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hafa Adai from California Reply with quote

Welcome to you !
Thanks for learning new things...

deep_rooted1 wrote:
I recently decided that I wanted to start a clothing line and incoroporate tribal designs from polynesia, melanesia, and micronesia but had nowhere to turn for answers for what each symbol represents.
The Tahiti Tatou dictionary is an invaluable source of knowledge for exactly what I need to know to continue with my vision.

Yes, this is passionating !
velly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome along dom, I am new to the forum and i am finding it to be a friendly and helpful place.

Cant wait to see your tattoo.

catch you around

Velly

Half-man, Half-machine.....what does it mean?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Personal Gallery of velly
MantaRay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha Dominic

Welcome to the forum...Polynesian culture continues to fascinate me... Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribal Tattoo Forum Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: